It’s already June 4 but our internet connection is meh, so I’m posting my weekly and monthly wrap up (on a separate post) today. Here goes:
Moment#1: I finished these books.
1. Grit by JC Valentine – ⭐⭐⭐
– an okay read. Can’t remember much since it’s been days since I read this, lol.
2. Investigating the Hottie by Juli Alexander – ⭐⭐⭐
– the concept is intriguing. Too short, could be better if it’s a longer and more elaborate version. I need more action and spy like kind of scenes..
3. Aimee and the Heartthrob (Backstage Pass #1) by Ophelia London – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
– That cover is adorbs! You can feel the sweetness from afar.💜 And the blurb is cute. I’m into contemporary this past few days so this really made me happy. 😁
4. Mia and the Bad Boy (Backstage Pass #2) by Lisa Burstein – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
– there’s the bad boy word in the title and also I have a hunch (after reading the first one) on who from Seconds From Juliet Band will star on this next Backstage Pass novel. I love this!👍
Moment#2: Did. Not. Finished.
1. The Secretary’s Secret by Michelle Douglas
– I have a hard time reading books with a somewhat super weak lead girl and I realized while reading this that a weak-willed guy is worse. The moment the lead guy vomits because the lead girl drop the pregnancy bomb, I stopped reading.
2. Fallen by Julie Morgan
– I love details while reading a book. I just never read a book with too much emphasis on details. And what more, it focuses too much on the physical appearance of a person, I just can’t. If I read one more whole page of details about the lead girl’s every bit of clothing, bag, shoes, accessory, I’ll go nuts! So nope.
3. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
– I decided to re-read Twilight because I noticed how Twilight frequently appeared on last week’s Top Ten Tuesdays and even my own. I first read the Twilight Saga because of a compromise. Yep, you’ve read it right. I wanted this friend of mine to read all the Harry Potter books (I can’t believe I was this pushy, lol), she agreed but in exchange, she made me read all the books on Twilight Saga AND The Host. I LOVE The Host! Wanda and Ian is LOVE!❤
I’ve re-read the first book(Twilight) about 5 times, not including this DNF. I mostly skip New Moon and Eclipse then skip to Bella’s POV (after Jacob’s) on Breaking Dawn. That’s how I usually revisit the Twilight Saga world, lol.
Now, on to my reading. I’m reading it with movie-Bella’s voice in my head(why? don’t know). I’m also visualizing it like the movie, why am I doing this? And after some pages, I can’t continue…
Moment#3: TBR finds.
1. The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North
– I’m sooo excited to read this!🙋 It’s written by the author who wrote The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August. I know I’ll love this.👍
2. The Dead House by Dawn Kutagich
3. The Matchmaker’s Playbook by Rachel Van Dyken
4. Half Bad by Sally Green
– I think I’ve added this before.. Hmmm..
5. I’d Tell You I Love You But Then I’d Have To Kill You by Ally Carter
Not having a good internet connection for days sucks. 😩
I’m so behind my posts but I don’t want to panic. I still need to do my May Wrap Up post. See yah! Have a nice weekend!😘