Hype or Like Friday is a meme created by Jill, Larkin, and Britt to discuss about hyped books and see if they’re hyped up or not. There would be book of the month that you can read, and then post your review for it on the end of the month, then rate it whether it’s a hype it or like it.
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller is the book of the month.
For this week, topic is Hyped Books You DNF.
I haven’t been that active on this goodreads group.✌ But I love the topic for this week, so even if it’s a bit late, here goes the Hyped Books I DNFed.
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
– I’ve been trying sooo hard to finish this book. The main characters (Clary and Jace and Simon) are sooo annoying. But I really want to finish this. Hopefully by the end of the year, I’m done with this book. Wish me luck.😘
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
– the Door, bow.😭 The world isn’t interesting for me. This was my first Neil Gaiman book and so far the only one. I have Coraline, The Graveyard Book(?)and others on my shelf and TBR but I’m hesitant because of Neverwhere. Maybe someday?😮
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
– I didn’t have an issue on this book. It just so happens that a very helpful friend of mine spoiled me on the ending. I hate spoilers. I haven’t seen the movie and still trying to NOT remember the ending. But maybe, I’ll never read this.😿
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
– I don’t know why I stopped reading this book. I think I wasn’t in the mood for YA contemporary that time. I don’t usually reach for books on this genre but it was so hyped that I tried it and fail.😿
Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
– Same with To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, not in the mood for this kind of book but because of the hype…😑 I didn’t like the tone and feel of the story. I can’t relate to the main character – Anna. There.✌
My internet connection was cut yesterday, that’s why I’m cramming a lot of supposed Friday posts today.😁
I knew I should’ve scheduled them.😿